Ever wondered why you prefer wearing vintage garments rather than repro? Lately I have been thinking about it, so here go my 5 reasons to love (and wear vintage).
- Background. Probably the first thing that comes to your mind when buying vintage: what you wear has history on its back. It was worn or used by someone else way before me. It is so intriguing, isn’t it?
- Price. Thrifted clothes and other materials are cheaper than modern stuff. It is also due to the condition in which they have been kept over the years.
- Quality. We all know that nowadays there are many advances in technology, so as in fashion, but decades ago garments were made from pure and non synthetic materials, not like today. These days you have to spend over 200€ on a dress to wear quality garments, made from natural or ecologic sources.
- Go green! Better re-use than refuse. It is better for everyone, and the environment will be very grateful.
- Originality. You will definitely “break the rules of fashion”. If you are against mainstream trends, this is your point. Vintage is not hip, but it makes you look cool and true to yourself.
I could write many other reasons to wear vintage, but these are the main ones that have come across my mind at the moment. I think they sum up well.
If you have any reasons that could be included on the post, feel free to suggest. I would kindly add more!
Take care xx